CR Writer/Inspectors Greater Kalamazoo Auto Auction Schoolcraft, MI
Posted on: December 11, 2018
Reports to: Operations Manager/Dealer Service Manager
The CR Writer/Inspector provides efficiency on condition reports and post sale inspection. The CR Writer/Inspectors exhibit superior customer service. The CR Writer/Inspector will assist in condition reports, PSI, Arbitration and vehicle registration as necessary.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to all customers at all times.
- Always exhibit ‘hands on’ and direct approach with customers.
- Complete any course required by auction for inspector position.
- Inspect units cosmetically and mechanically.
- Stock unit into the system complete with trim codes.
- Check units for Frame and Flood damage.
- Photograph all the units to attach to condition report.
- Check fluids ( oil, gas, etc..) before driving units on 5 mile test drive.
- Make sure auction tag is attached to the unit being inspected on 5 mile test drive.
- Complete 20 to 30 condition reports daily with the exception of sale day.
- Work as PSI or Arbitration inspector on sale day.
- Work well independently as well as a team player.
- Timely communication of issues that may be deemed as detrimental to the success of operations to Management.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Computer and light mechanical experience
Should be highly organized, self motivated and self disciplined. Highly customer service orientated. Computer proficient. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must possess a valid driver’s license
The environment of the CR Writer/Inspector involves entering data into a tablet or handheld provided by the auction. Must be able to keep valid drivers license for duration of employment. Must drive each unit 5 miles for testing. Those working in this position will look underneath units for inspection. Those working in this position are subject to temperature changes, all types of weather conditions, fast-paced environment, elevated noise levels and at times fumes and odors associated with vehicle exhaust at times.
The above functions are not intended to be exhaustive and all inclusive. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. Other responsibilities may be added as necessary at the sole discretion of management.Apply Now