Driver Badger State Auto Auction N Fond du Lac, WI
Posted on: May 16, 2018
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Driver is responsible for pick-up and delivery of vehicles from various dealerships, repo yards, rental/leasing companies, banks, utility companies, government yards and various mechanic/body shops. The Driver exhibits superior customer service at all times.
The Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating the pickups of vehicles being brought back to the auction. The dispatcher is also responsible for scheduling repairs and maintenance on our fleet of 10 transportation vehicles ranging from a 15 passenger van to a 7 car hauler.
1. Provide efficient and courteous service to all customers at all times.
2. Always exhibit ‘hands on’ and direct approach with customers.
3. Efficiently schedule the pickup of 400+ vehicles per week.
4. Efficiently schedule transportation personnel to insure there is on wasted time.
5. Work with the CDL rated drivers so as to efficiently and effectively schedule equipment for service and repair.
6. Do periodic “ride-along” to insure company safety policies and practices are being followed.
7. Monitor GPS tracking systems that are in our equipment to insure timely pickups of customers vehicles.
8. Communicate frequently with customers to insure the effective and efficient transportation to the auction.
9. Work to promote our delivery program to auction buyers.
10. Assist customers with questions and concerns.
11. Work well independently as well as a team player.
12. Report to Management in a timely manner any issues that may be detrimental to the success of operations.
13. Performs other duties as necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Previous driving or courier experience preferred. Previous customer service skills required.
Should be highly organized, self motivated and self disciplined. Highly customer service orientated. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Previous dispatching of vehicles, trucks, etc.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must possess a valid driver’s license
The environment of the Dispatcher involves working in the office at a desk for extended periods of time and at the auction. Those working in this position are subject to repeated hours performing clerical duties while sitting at a desk. Additionally subject to temperature changes, weather conditions, elevated noise levels and at times fumes and odors associated with vehicle exhaust at times at the auction.
The above functions are not intended to be exhaustive and all inclusive. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. Other responsibilities may be added as necessary at the sole discretion of management.Apply Now