Driver Texas Lone Star Auto Auction Carrollton Carrollton, TX
Posted on: October 20, 2015
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Driver is responsible for pick-up and delivery of vehicles from various dealerships, repo yards, rental/leasing companies, banks, utility companies, government yards and various mechanic/body shops. The Driver exhibits superior customer service at all times.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to all customers at all times.
- Always exhibit ‘hands on’ and direct approach with customers.
- Assist customers with questions and/or concerns.
- Ensure ashtrays are empty and trash removed from vehicles at the end of each run.
- Ensure vehicles are safe for operation.
- Ensure all fluid levels are checked prior to driving any vehicle. Notify Chase Van Driver/Ambassador of all fluids used to ensure completion of necessary paperwork.
- Ensure gas is only filled to the desired level as needed for the length of the trip.
- Do not operate vehicles ‘hot’. Pull over if vehicle runs hot.
- Ensure all has been done to avoid leaving a stranded vehicle.
- Ensure all vehicles have windows up, keys in ignition, doors unlocked, proper stock number ticket adhered to window
- Ensure familiarity with routes and follow drivers in a pack. Never fall behind pack.
- Ensure vehicle is delivered to dealer as desired. Ensure car is parked at dealer’s location where wanted, with windows up if requested and keys are in safe and secure place.
- Work well independently as well as a team player.
- Timely communication of issues that may be deemed as detrimental to the success of operations to Management.
- Performs other duties as necessary on or off the lot.
Previous driving preferred.
Should be highly organized, self motivated and self disciplined. Highly customer service orientated. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must possess a valid driver’s license
Must pass back ground check
Must pass drug test
The environment of the Driver involves the transportation of vehicles to and from the auction. Those working in this position are subject to temperature changes, all types of weather conditions, elevated noise levels, climbing into large vehicles and at times fumes and odors associated with vehicle exhaust at times
The above functions are not intended to be exhaustive and all inclusive. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. Other responsibilities may be added as necessary at the sole discretion of management.