Facility/Lot Assistant Greater Kalamazoo Auto Auction Schoolcraft, MI
Posted on: July 6, 2018
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Facility/Lot Assistant ensures a clean and orderly facility inside and out. This person is cross-trained to assist with other departments as necessary to include but not limited to reconditioning, transportation and marketing. The Facility/Lot Assistant exhibits superior customer service at all times.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to all customers at all times.
- Always exhibit ‘hands on’ and direct approach with customers.
- Assist customers with questions and/or concerns.
- Ensure that the arena is freshly mopped, cleaned and trash emptied.
- Ensure restrooms are stocked, cleaned and in good working order.
- Ensure front landscape is appealing. Freshly cut grass, trimmed, swept, watered and trash emptied.
- Ensure sales lot, storage closets and outside storage shed are orderly, clean and free of debris.
- Complete minor building repairs.
- Ensure security fence is operational.
- Assist with getting vehicles running prior to sale.
- Facilitate the movement of sales vehicles around sales lot as needed.
- Ensure all building supplies are properly inventoried and adequately stocked.
- Ensure all fluids are properly inventories, well stocked and the use is properly billed.
- Set the field. Turn the field after sale day.
- Assist with reconditioning as needed.
- Assist with transportation as needed.
- Facilitate the movement of vehicles around the sales lot as necessary.
- Work well independently as well as a team player.
- Timely communication of issues that may be deemed as detrimental to the success of operations to Management.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Previous maintenance experience preferred
Should be highly organized, self motivated and self disciplined. Highly customer service orientated. Computer proficient. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must possess a valid driver’s license
The environment of those working in this position are subject to temperature changes, all types of weather conditions, elevated noise levels and at times fumes and odors associated with vehicle exhaust.
The above functions are not intended to be exhaustive and all inclusive. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. Other responsibilities may be added as necessary at the sole discretion of management.Apply Now