Licensed Mechanic Charleston Auto Auction Moncks Corner, SC
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Licensed Mechanic is responsible for diagnosis and repair of all vehicles to ensure that they are up to safety standards. Ensure that vehicles are ready for sale. The Licensed Mechanic exhibits superior customer service at all times.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to all customers at all times.
- Always exhibit ‘hands on’ and direct approach with customers.
- Diagnoses, coordinates inspection, repair and service of mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components of cars, vans and light trucks.
- Carries out complex engine tune-ups, diagnose complicated faults or malfunctions to determine extent of repairs required.
- Adjusts, repairs or replaces parts and components..
- Oversee the cleaning, lubricating and other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Disassemble, overhaul and reassemble engines and other major units as necessary.
- Maintain clean, orderly work area free of safety hazards.
- Work well independently as well as a team player
- Timely communication of issues that may be deemed as detrimental to the success of operations to Management.
- Performs other duties as necessary
High School Diploma, mechanical coursework completion
Minimum 5 years apprentice experience
Should be highly organized, self motivated and self disciplined. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Ability to operate all types of vehicles.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must possess a valid driver’s license
Professional mechanic license
The environment of the Licensed Mechanic involves working at the Auction and on the road representing the company upholding the highest standards of customer service. Those working in this position are subject to temperature changes, all types of weather conditions, elevated noise levels and at times fumes and odors associated with vehicle exhaust at times
The above functions are not intended to be exhaustive and all inclusive. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. Other responsibilities may be added as necessary at the sole discretion of management.Apply Now