Upper/Lower Block Clerk Greater Kalamazoo Auto Auction Schoolcraft, MI
Posted on: August 20, 2018
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The Upper/Lower Block Clerk attends regular pre-sale staff meetings. The Upper/Lower Block Clerk is responsible for the smooth running of printers and the recording of information associated with the sale. The Upper/Lower Block Clerk exhibits superior customer service at all times.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to all customers at all times.
- Always exhibit ‘hands on’ and direct approach with customers.
- Ensure all printers are loaded and operational for the sale.
- Ensure all materials for block clerks and customer service are available.
- Ensure proper inventory for all forms for Auction Sale; Block tickets, Bill of Sale (PTO), continuous feed, automatic rerun forms and giveaways tickets.
- Ensure accurate information for each unit sold/unsold at the time the units run through, including high bids on no sales is recorded.
- Ensure efficient, accurate entry of title information (T/A Status), announcements on vehicles and any other notes from seller.
- Note any rerun information of vehicles in each lane and pass off to lane leaders.
- Ensure information on windshield is correct with information in computer.
- Ensure accuracy of bill of sale to block ticket on each sale.
- Ensure buyer/seller properly sign a block ticket and bill of sale.
- Hold on to any unsigned block ticket/bill of sale until a representative can be provided and obtain the proper signature.
- Ensure all equipment is in proper working order throughout the sale.
- Training of new block clerks.
- Assist customers with questions and/or concerns.
- Work well independently as well as a team player.
- Timely communication of issues that may be deemed as detrimental to the success of operations to Management.
- Reporting of all unusual reactions from computer systems and other block irregularities.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Previous data entry skills preferred
Should be highly organized, self motivated and self disciplined. Highly customer service orientated. Computer proficient. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must possess a valid driver’s license
The environment of the Upper/Lower Block Clerk encompasses sale day set-up, duration of sale and after sale. Those working in this position are subject to temperature changes, all types of weather conditions, fast paced environment, elevated noise levels and at times fumes and odors associated with vehicle exhaust at times
The above functions are not intended to be exhaustive and all inclusive. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. Other responsibilities may be added as necessary at the sole discretion of management.Apply Now